A Fresh, Summery Spin on Roasted Fish and Veggies.
Tonight’s meal was a perfect summer evening dish, and makes for a beautiful and very easy entree if cooking for guests. The warm weather had me craving a light but flavorful dinner, so I picked up a Wild Halibut fillet, and then decided to spruce things up with some mint and cilantro leaves….it turned out FABULOUS.
Local Wild Halibut with Spicy Mint-Cilantro Roasted Organic Veggies
The Mint-Cilantro Sauce:
- De-stem and clean a handful of cilantro and a handful of mint.
- Place herbs in small blender with olive oil, water, salt, pepper, minced garlic and a dash of ground dry hot pepper flakes. I did not measure these, so go easy on seasonings/liquids, and add as needed for taste and consistency.
- Blend ingredients and set sauce aside in separate bowl.
- De-seed and cube 1 small butternut squash (these are just going out of season, so most you see at your farmers market will be small, but still tasty)
- Chop 1 small organic cauliflower
- Dice 1/2 organic red onion
- Clean and de-stem a dozen or so organic brussel sprouts
- Place all veggies in medium sized baking dish. Toss in a spoonful of melted coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and sprinkle sea salt and pepper.
- Roast veggies at 450 degrees in middle of the oven
- At 25 minutes, remove dish from oven and LIGHTLY toss vegetables in Mint-Cilantro sauce. Save half the sauce for later. Ok, now fish time.
- Season the wild halibut with sea salt, pepper, and a light drizzle of lime
- After veggies have been roasting for 25 minutes or just browning, place fish atop simmering vegetables and put back into the oven for 8-10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
The Final Dish:
- Scoop roasted veggies over light bed of quinoa and place fish on top. Spoon extra Mint-Cilantro sauce and finish with a squeeze of lime!
- Oh, and keep the sauce close by the dinner table…. I could not get enough of it!