This super healthy casserole-like dish is an extremely flavorful and unexpected version of same old quinoa story.
Pesto Asparagus and Zucchini Green Quinoa
- Wash, chop, steam and then blanch organic asparagus and organic zucchini.
- Add chopped asparagus/zucchini atop cooked quinoa in large stirring bowl
- Chop 1/2 organic free-range chicken breast and add to bowl. This is a great way to use up leftover baked chicken from the night before! But you can omit if you’d rather a lighter veggie dish.
- The Pesto Sauce! Blend a generous handful of washed organic basil, 1 tbsp on extra virgin cold pressed organic olive oil, sauteed shallot and garlic, 1/2 squeezed organic lemon, dash of rosemary, sea salt, pepper, and a little water to reach desired thickness. Okay with dairy? Add 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese…mine was still yummy without it. If you’d like to serve warm, (which I preferred to room temperature), heat pesto in sauce pan before mixing into dish to warm ingredients. This is instead of popping it into the microwave which causes degeneration of the food’s nutrients and removes the vegetables’ health benefits.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and you have yourself a mean green quinoa dinner.