This is one of the most important posts I have written to date, and is a food practice I’ve been introduced to that has the potential to change many lives.
Heard of ‘The Budwig Diet’?
Johanna Budwig was a European Cancer Research Scientist and Biochemist who passed in 2003, but has left a true mark on natural healing and cancer prevention/curation through food.
Lets first talk about the body as it is prone to cancer, disease or immune dysfunction. In the traditional American diet, hydrogenated fats and chemically processed foods are ingested every day. These oils and toxins are harmfully deposited within the body, damaging cell walls, and oxygen can no longer flow into cells to renew and achieve optimum cell health. These cells then become inorganic, and cannot be protected from free-radicals in the body…which is one of the major causes of cancer and ailment.
Ok, now what does a healthy cell environment look like? Healthy cells, let alone, the functioning of the entire body, rely on good fats. Fats are vital for brain function, cell renewal, and for all growth processes in the body. Specifically, cells need true polyunsaturated, oxygen-rich lipids to function efficiently. This type of fat is most abundantly found in raw flaxseed oil. However, these high quality fat lipids are most easily absorbed and become water-soluble when combined with a sulfur-rich protein.
Enter, Mrs. Budwig, Flax Oil (the optimum fat) and Cottage Cheese (the perfect and pro biotic-rich protein).
She discovered that when combining Flax Oil and Cottage Cheese, the energy-rich fat lipids are stimulated by the protein, and the body is able to readily accept the oxygen and benefits…freely flowing into cells and giving them the air they need to breathe, grow and revitalize!
Ok……that is about as technical as I will ever get. Now on to the FOOD!
The Budwig Protocol:
I have been eating this for breakfast three to four days a week for the past two weeks, and I have never eaten anything more energetic, powerful and TASTY! I can literally feel my cells and body soaking up the healing properties of this mixture!
You will need 2 kitchen appliances, 3 basic ingredients, and about 7 minutes.
- Dump 1 cup of Low-Fat Organic Cottage Cheese into medium size mixing bowl. Through my research, I’ve found Nancy’s Organic brand is best quality, it’s made with pro biotic lactic cultures. It’s at Whole Foods or Real Foods.
- Add in 4-5 tablespoons of Flax Seed Oil. Barlean’s 100% Organic Unfiltered Cold-Pressed is favorable. It’s the black bottle, again, found at WF or RF.
- Blend cottage cheese and flax oil with immersion hand mixer. This is the stick-like appliance…should be around $20 bucks at your local target or even hardware store. You will want to blend until the mixture is fluffy and custard-like; about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Grind 2 tablespoons of whole flax seeds in coffee bean grinder or small blender.
It is very important you do not buy pre-ground flax seeds, as these should be consumed within 15 minutes of grinding!! The seeds easily oxidate and go rancid, so only grind what you will be using right away!
- Pour the ground flax seeds into the white fluffy mixture and stir well.
- Add fresh, whole food ingredients to flavor/sweeten if you wish!
Here are a few yummy options — raspberries, blueberries, chopped spinach, chopped green apple (my current favorite), walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon — get creative so long as ingredients are FRESH and ORGANIC!
This mixture is incredibly delicious and I cannot stress the benefits. Please see additional sites, how-to’s and research with cases and testimonials (below). This has cured many people of cancer and ailments, and is important knowledge to pass on.