Local Spot: Evolution Fresh.
Opened just this past month, please welcome Evolution to the Fillmore neighborhood. A juice, smoothie and food bar, this spot could easily become an immediate staple in my weekly routine.
Owned by none other than…wait for it…STARBUCKS (yes, you heard me), this brand has been housed with their cold drinks as a healthy green juice option. Now, they have opened four doors in the US (3 in Washington, one right here in SF) and are cashing in on the organic, gluten free and juice trend.
Want a peak at the menu?
- Cold Pressed Juices: using organic apple, greens, blueberries, beets, ginger, mint, and beyond.
- Hot Scrambles: featuring free-range eggs, quinoa, black beans, feta….etc.
- Non-fat greek yogurt, steel cut oatmeal, granola.
- Signature Bowls: Choose from lentils, wild rice, kale or quinoa, kale, and butternut squash. OR build your own bowl, selecting from various gluten free grains, greens, and mix-in’s ranging from grape tomatoes, fresh herbs, grilled zucchini, mixed seeds and more. Add a protein and choose a sauce. Sounds right up my alley.
- Salads: long list of fresh vegetables and proteins
All menu items are totally reasonably priced. The only thing they fall short on is offering all ingredients as organic. Regardless, I am so excited to see how this place does, as it really supports the emerging trend of true whole food eating while showing people how delicious it really can be. LOCAL CHILLS!
On Fillmore and Sacramento St, San Francisco, CA.